AU Precinct F.A.Q.

  1. Public Safety
  2. Police
  3. AU Precinct
Public Safety

Public Safety

141 N Ross St, STE A

Jameson Presley

Jameson Presley

assistant police chief

Frequently Asked Questions:

Who provides police services for Auburn University?

  • The City of Auburn was contracted to provide law enforcement services for Auburn University in 2004. Since that partnership, the Auburn Police Department has provided a consistent level of service and visibility to the campus of Auburn University on a 24/7 basis. The Police Department provides officers to patrol Auburn University and the surrounding campus community using marked and unmarked vehicle patrols, bike patrols, foot patrols, and the use of alternative vehicles to better reach the pedestrian friendly campus. The police officers that patrol Auburn University are fully sworn and accredited law enforcement officers with a wide variety of law enforcement experience.

How do I request a house check while I am away?

  • For information on how to request a house check while you are away, please visit the House Check webpage or contact the Patrol Secretary at (334) 501-3150.

How do I obtain a copy of a police report?

  • For information on how to obtain a copy of a police report, please review the Police Report webpage.

How do I report a suspicious incident or crime?

  • The Auburn Police Department encourages all of our residents and visitors to the City and Auburn University to report any suspicious activity or crimes as soon as possible by calling 911 in the event of an emergency or (334) 501-3100 for non-emergency events. All calls are answered by trained emergency communications operators that work for the City of Auburn Police Department. All reports of crimes or suspicious activity will result in the response of Auburn Police Department officers to investigate the incident and take all necessary reports.

How do I request crime prevention tips?

  • For information on how to request crime prevention tips, please visit the Auburn Police Department's Crime Prevention webpage.

How do I complete a Public Records Request?

  • For information on how to complete a Public Records Request, please visit the City of Auburn's Public Records Request webpage.

How do I obtain permission to have an event on Auburn University's campus?

  • For information on how to obtain permission to hold an event on Auburn University's campus, please refer to the Office of Communications & Marketing Event Planning and Protocol webpage.